Terms and Agreement
In registering for any and all courses at Sierra Blanca Wildland Fire Academy (SBWFA) you are:
- Stating that you meet the pre-requisites for the courses you are signing up for.
- Stating that you will complete the pre-work in the manner consistent with the pre-work instructions in your acceptance letter for each course.
- Stating that if required, you have notified your training officer or supervisor of your registration selections.
- All Federal employees must coordinate registration in IQCS through your local Training Officer.
- Aware that the entire course must be completed to receive certification. Absences from any portion of the class, including such activities as field days, table exercises and panel discussions, maybe considered incompletion of the course.
- Aware that the S-212 course, Wildland Fire Chainsaws DOES NOT provide faller certification, this will need to be completed at students home unit.
- Indicating that you understand that class registration fees are non-refundable. Substitutions of personnel from within your organization are allowed but no refunds will be given for cancellations or failure to attend. Substitutions must be made in writing, email being acceptable, no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the course.
- Consent to having your photo taken while participating in SBWFA classes and events.
- Acknowledge the inherent risk that in-person training poses and it is the responsibility of yourself to limit exposure to any illness during the academy. It is also acknowledged that if any symptoms are experienced during attendance of courses students will discontinue participation and seek appropriate medical attention.
Additionally, please note that:
- SBWFA is not responsible for the actions of individuals attending this Academy. Accidents or medical situations will need to be followed up with and dealt with following your host agencies official procedures.
- No animals are allowed in ENMU-Ruidoso, Fire Department buildings, or other facilities used during the SBWFA for training purposes, including field day locations and other remote locations, except as allowed under the provisions in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).